Gosh, I have so much to write about. To give you a bit of warning, I do believe that there will be loads of capital letters in today's post. I can sense it already.
I do apologise for this blog turning into a cat-fest lately. No, wait . . . I do not. You have no idea how much joy one little critter has brought into our lives, it's insane. Even Jase, my-never-owned-a-pet-in-his-life-boyfriend is loving the whole pet experience, and you can bet your bottom dollar that when we move back to Sydney eventually, Oscar-face is coming along for the ride. (But you all knew that already, right?)
I must admit I've been crazily jealous over the BlogHer posts again, because seriously, this is the third one that I've read all about and wished that I was there. Even though I probably would be the nervous girl in the corner hiding behind her hair (oh wait! I cut that off! damn!) and sneakily stuffing the free stuff in all available pockets, I still really, really want to go. And you know, I'm still secretly peeved that they could not change the date of this year's conference for the 6th of August. You know, when I arrive in the USA. In two weeks. Because the world revolves around me, didn't you know?
I have exactly two weeks of work left; which breaks down into 9 working days. NINE DAYS. No doubt the next NINE DAYS are going to be the slowest NINE DAYS in the history of the world. Add the fact that I have loads to do in those NINE DAYS and then a day after that NINE DAYS, I will be in San Francisco (!??!) and you can see how my brain is scattered all over the place.
Oh, and it's my birthday next week, hoorah!
I'm fairly planned for the big USA trip. I booked this trip with a work colleague last year, and seeing as it now JULY of 2008, I am officially freaked out. I always had the whole moving to another country distraction to get through first, and all of a sudden I've been in London for seven months? When the hell did that happen?
Anyway, back to the trip organisational stuff;
- I've organised my shuttle to Heathrow. (All by my lonesome, mind you, as the other half is away on business and not able to come with me. I don't like this whole acting like grown up nonsense. What if the shuttle doesn't arrive? What if the dreaded Terminal 5 eats my luggage? What if a giant caterpillar eats my face off while I sleep? I am full of worry. I am a worry wart. It's what I do.)
- I've organised Oscar to be staying in a cattery while I'm away. (Did I mention that J is on a business trip and not able to mind our child? I must say, the place the kitty is going to is on a farm, huge giant pens and looks amazing, so no doubt he'll have an awesome holiday too. But still . . . worry. What if he catches fleas? Or cries the whole time he is there? Or loves it so much that he doesn't know who I am when we pick him up? Sigh.)
- I've googled the weather in the States right now, and am slightly - alright - extremely paranoid. It's a freaking heat wave. It's close to 50oC in Vegas right now. I am going to DIE! (Seriously, why did I plan a summer holiday? Why didn't I go in the middle of winter. Damn you, heat waves. I need to invest in some serious anti-persperent, methinks.)
- I've sort of thought about my budget, even though it's slightly non-existant at this point, as I don't get paid again until 1st August. Shit. I'm very thrifty, so it will be bargains all the way for me. I intend on spending hours wandering around Walmart or Old Navy, because damn! Clothes! Cheap stuff! CINNAMON FLAVOURED TOOTHPASTE. Poptarts! You guys have it all.
- I've got together my itinerary and worked out which days I will be popping through which cities. I've also emailed it out to my awesome blogging friends, in hopes that I will meet some people across the way. (Well, actually, NO, I haven't, because I AM LAZY. And also didn't realise that I am leaving this country IN A FORTNIGHT and where did the time go?) I will do that tonight.
All in all, I am super excited, not as organised as I would like to be, but really, really ready for this awesome holiday. Now all I need is to screw my head back on, get on with these emails, and try my best not to spend any $$ over the next fortnight.
Wednesday, 23 July 2008
29 Comments • Labels: Random Ramblings