I didn't wake up this morning thinking I was going to be writing a ground-breaking blog piece. In fact, I was feeling particularly rushed, since I have so many things that need doing before the big move (!!) into our new flat tomorrow, that I was planning on using bullet points. That was until now, when I realised I was sitting at 999 posts - making this one the big one thousand. That calls for something a trifle more reflective, yes?
This blog has documented a lot of things during it's 1000-post history, including:
- My first two years fresh out of university & learning on my feet as a beginning teacher
- A few name changes, most recently from 'Aly---bear' to 'Breathe Gently'
- Pets that we've lost in years gone by: Max, Lucy, Bella
- Pets that we've gained in years gone by: Bailey, Oscar-cat
- Moving overseas to London & our three years spent abroad
- Countless travel opportunities, to places near and far
- Mine & Jason's relationship, from dating, to long distance, to living abroad together, to engaged & finally planning our wedding - woo freaking hoo!
- Meet-ups with blog friends, all over the world. If you'd told me six years ago that I would've met strangers from the internet, I would've laughed at you. Now, I feel like such a lucky person to count those 'strangers' as 'friends'. They're just scattered, kind of long distance friends, is all!
Thursday, 6 January 2011
17 Comments • Labels: Bloggity Blog Blog