1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before? Hmm, let's see. I lived abroad (on my own for a good few months too), I travelled alone/with friends & I adopted a kitty.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I failed at blogging daily for the year (by choice) but I think for the most part I was fairly good? I hate resolutions, yet I still randomly make some up every year. 2009 is going to be all about me. Literally.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No-one super close to me, no.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit? Apart from England, I visited France, Denmark & a whole heap of states in America. It was a good year!
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? I'd like to get out and explore more of London in my free time.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? May 27th, when we brought Oscar home and November 5th, for obvious reasons.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? My independence.
9. What was your biggest failure? When I stopped running after hurting my shins. I've gone back to square one now. I suck.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Touch wood, but so far I've stayed quite healthy this year! I'm very proud of that, to be sure.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Definitely the Grand Canyon helicopter flight.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? I'm drawing a blank.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I'm not sure.
14. Where did most of your money go? American travels, and random everyday expenses like groceries, etc. I did manage to save a little too, which was good.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? ROAD TRIPPING! And of course bringing Oscar home and loving every minute with him.
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
(a) Happier or Sadder? Happier.
(b) Thinner or Fatter? About the same, more or less?
(c) Richer or Poorer? Richer. For now!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Wandering around the city and spending time with friends. I am the most scatterbrained person ever.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Complaining.
20. How did you spend Christmas in 2008? Traipsing around a deserted Canary Wharf and battling it out with J's family in Mario Kart on the Wii.
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? I stayed in love.
22. How many one-night stands? What can I say, it was a slow year ...
23. What was your favorite TV program? Big Love, Supernatural, Grey's Anatomy.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope.
25. What was the best book you read? Argh, I've read so many this year. A few honourable mentions that spring to mind are A Thousand Splendid Suns, The Book Thief, The Hunt for Atlantis & of course the Twilight series.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Kings of Leon.
27. What did you want and get? I wanted a pet & got my insane-yet-lovable cat.
28. What did you want and not get? A couple more travel expeditions would have been good.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I actually didn't see all that many, up until recently. Memorable films would be Burn After Reading & Twilight.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 24 this year, and spent it at a Thai restaurant in South Kensington, small and quiet, just the way I like it!
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Snow!
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Jeans, coats, flat shoes. I never, ever liked flat shoes until now. Strange.
33. What kept you sane? Oscar.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Ha! I like the Cullen.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Definitely the election, I haven't felt quite so anxious about politics for a really long time.
36. Who did you miss? I missed my family & friends, and the puppies.
37. Who was the best new person you met? My work colleagues, who are awesome. I wouldn't have met such a great group of people if it weren't for the move over here. Also Sarah and Carly from the States, who I can't wait to see back in Sydney for our big reunion.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. If you let yourself get carried away with the bigger picture, you'll inevitably miss all the smaller, and possibly more important snapshots along the way. I'm all for the snapshots in 2009.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "My friend assures me, it's all or nothing - but I am not really worried, I am not overly concerned. You try to tell yourself the things you try to tell yourself to make yourself forget.. to make yourself forget. I am not worried.." Anna Begins, Counting Crows.
40. What are your resolutions for 2009? Only one: don't worry, be happy.
Wednesday, 31 December 2008
This entry was posted on 12:10
and is filed under
It's All About Me
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
10 Comments • Labels: It's All About Me, London Still, Random Ramblings
This entry was posted on 12:10 and is filed under It's All About Me , London Still , Random Ramblings . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.