My last few posts have been a little deep; I'm in a crazy place right now where I go from chipper! bubbly! excited! to stressed. anxious. freaking out. I'm so all over the place, even I can't keep up with myself. I think it's about time to write about something a little different - what better way than to get out there in the big, bad blogosphere?
I've never been a BlogHer conference, despite being active in the blogging world for the last five years. I remember a few years ago, when I was writing under my old domain (Aly---bear.com) a lot of my American friends were heading off to it and it was bittersweet seeing the pictures and reading the recaps. But, until BlogHer decides to break tradition and go global (ooh!) you'll just have to get to know me through my blog instead!
Keep reading below the image to learn more about me - maybe it'll be something new and exciting? I'll try my best.
I'm a twenty-six year old native Australian girl who is a primary school teacher. I moved from my home in Sydney to London, England in December 2007 - and we are now preparing for our move back later this year. I live in our little London flat with my fiance & our horrifically spoiled cat, Oscar. You might think I'm exaggerating. I'm not.
I love to read. I'm a huge fan of wearing flats and can't walk in heels. I could eat cereal for every meal and no, I'm not kidding about that. I love letters and packages that come in the post and I get incredibly excited by postcards.
Instead of sharing the details on how the boy & I first met, here's a simplified version for you.
Girl hears song on radio. Girl falls in love with song and stalks band online. Girl finds official forums and befriends other Australian fans. Girl meets sweet Boy on forum. Girl develops gigantic crush on Boy through emails and messages. Girl eventually swaps mobile numbers with Boy. Girl sends Boy a text message one day during a particularly boring university lecture and invites him to hang out "sometime". Boy calls girl that night and arranges a movie date. Girl meets boy at theatre, bringing her Mum along for back up. Girl sees Boy is cute and sends Mum away, with promises of a code word if he is an axe murderer. Girl and Boy watch a bad movie and have a good first time. Girl and Boy exchange awkward hug goodnight. Girl gets confused over first date and assumes Boy is not interested. Girl waits a week and gets impatient so asks Boy out. Again. Girl and Boy have second movie date which ends with a kiss under the stars in the Girl's drive-way. The rest is history.
Jase is lovely. I love him. We got engaged last year and we're getting married next June which makes me giddy.
Random, obscure trivia? You want it, you got it. Carry on reading:
- I've never done a thing to my eyebrows in my life. No plucking. No waxing. Nothing. Sure, they're kind of fluffy - but I know that once I shape them, I'll have to maintain them. Let's face it; I'd be awful at it.
- I'm embarrassingly fussy with food, mainly due to textures and scents. I don't eat seafood, because of the fishy-ness. I don't eat strawberries or kiwi fruit or any other fruit with seeds. Tomatoes make me gag. Feed me a piece of salmon and I may throw up on you. As such, I tend to enjoy foods when they're simple. Eating out with me is like eating out with a toddler. I apologise for this in advance.
- I have (blonde!) hairs on my chin, which make me incredibly paranoid and self conscious, but there you have it. When I'm a grandma, I'll probably have the makings of a fully fledged beard. I've been told that this is a side effect of having PCOS so there's not much I can do about it, but if you're meeting me in real life? Please try not to stare at my chinny chin chin.
- I'm a righty, but I can also write with my left hand - just not as comfortably.
- I'm directionally challenged and can get lost without even trying. I still have moments where I fet my left and right confused, and I'm not opposed to turning a map upside down to try and make sense of it.
In the spirit of sharing and commenting, what's one slightly random fact about you that others may not know?
Friday, 6 August 2010
23 Comments • Labels: It's All About Me