This morning I met with Dr. F to go and run-through our first IVF cycle. (Have I mentioned how much I love this doctor? She's awesome. I turned up about 45 minutes early for my appointment, and she squeezed me in so I wouldn't have to wait around. How nice is that?)
She gave me her comments based on the notes from our first cycle:
- 5 eggs - she wants this to increase to 10 next time. Not huge steps, but enough to have some to play with.
- The 3-day transfer I had was something she was hoping we could avoid.
- I stopped responding to 125 of Puregon at a crucial moment.
- Out of my 5 eggs, only 3 were mature & healthy. 2 were 'black' eggs, meaning that they weren't formed properly. She wants to keep an eye on egg quality next time around.
- That means, they only selected 3 eggs to actually take their chances with fertilisation. 2 fertilised, from the 3. That's not bad odds! I was so worried (thinking we'd only had 2/5 fertilise) and she thinks that ICSI wouldn't be beneficial just yet - with more eggs to choose from, we should still have good fertilisation.
- She was worried about the pain I was in from my egg collection - sedation didn't seem to respond. She's made a note to give me a slightly higher dose next time, but is being cautious as she doesn't want me to have breathing/regulation problems.
- Continue on Metformin & if I don't ovulate this cycle, take Provera to induce a period.
- Three weeks of birth control pills... followed by Lucrin (an injection) rather than Synarel (the evil, evil nasal spray that I took last time)
- I'm to take 175 Puregon for 4 days, reduce to 150 for 3 days - then monitor through bloods. She thinks giving my ovaries a huge kick at the beginning should see them produce better oocyte amounts.
- Trigger shot is going to be pushed back to 38 hours before collection. She thinks that the standard 36-hour we went with last time, didn't give my stubborn ovaries a chance to fully mature the eggs before collection. 38 hours will give them a little more time to develop, but without letting them go too far.
- I need more progesterone. I'll be on Crinone again, but with additional progesterone pessaries too. Oh joy!
Friday, 18 May 2012
This entry was posted on 10:30
and is filed under
Blah Blah PCOS
You can follow any responses to this entry through
the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response,
or trackback from your own site.
14 Comments • Labels: Blah Blah PCOS, IVF, Round #2, TTC
This entry was posted on 10:30 and is filed under Blah Blah PCOS , IVF , Round #2 , TTC . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.