We're planning a Queensland holiday in the next few months, just a few days to get away and refresh ourselves from the daily grind. While water sports may not be on our agenda, we're definitely looking forward to exploring the many beaches and waterways on offer - and best of all, it's only an hour's flight from Sydney.
Can’t seem to find the best spot to go jet skiing? Queensland is home to so many fantastic places to jet ski and finding the best one out of them all can be pretty hard. If you are new to the jet ski world then you probably want to check out a company like JSW Powersports (click here to see their range) and find the right one for you. Once you have yourself a brand new jet ski, check out some of the places below for the best jet skiing in the state.
1. Gold Coast SeawayThe Gold Coast is home to some of the best waterways in Australia. The Seaway and waters surrounding South Stradbroke Island are by far the best places for jet skiing. The Spit is the perfect place to enter the water, giving you the most options on where you can go. One of the most popular rides from The Spit is to head out of the Seaway and into the ocean waters, going north along South Stradbroke, giving you plenty of action with the waves along the beach. Once you round the island you can make your way back exploring the many islands and inlets along the northern shores of the Gold Coast.
2. Gold Coast WaterwaysAs said earlier, the Gold Coast has some amazing waterways and the Seaway isn’t the only one. There is a maze of canals and rivers running through the heart of the city, and almost all of them connect up together at some point. You can travel inland up the Nerang River or see the Surfers Paradise skyline up close from the water. Even a full day of exploring wouldn’t allow you to ride down every canal.
3. CaloundraFurther north, on the beautiful Sunshine Coast, are waters and beaches that glow golden. From Caloundra you can ride north, surfing along the waves, up the straight stretch of beach to Mooloolaba, home to Underwater World. From there it is a short trip to the inlets and waterways around Kawana Island. If you’re with friends the way back is a great chance for a little race, conditions allowing.
4. WhitsundaysOne of the most picturesque parts of Australia is also one of the best places to go jet skiing. Starting from the beautiful Airlie Beach you can head straight out to the local islands. Not only is there plenty of excitement for your ride with ocean waves to jump, you can also explore the reef in a way like no other. From the back of a jet ski you have a much more personal view of what’s going on down below you in the crystal clear waters.
5. Bribie IslandIf you are looking for excitement but also a close look at nature then there is nowhere better than Bribie Island. You can race past the mangroves or relax and listen to the hundreds of different bird species that call Bribie Island home. While you are cruising around you might also notice some of the dolphins and dugongs swimming by or playing in the calm waters.
Jet skiing is a fantastic sport that everyone can enjoy almost anywhere. These are just some of the very best places to enjoy it.
This sponsored post is in collaboration with JSW Watersports - all images are my own. If you are interested in a product review or sponsored post content appearing on Breathe Gently, please email me.
Thursday, 11 June 2015
0 Comments • Labels: Sponsored Post